Sunday, November 20, 2011

Writer Beware ® Blogs!: Introducing Writer Beware's Small Presses Page

Writer Beware ® Blogs!: Introducing Writer Beware's Small Presses Page


All writers should see this! There are some red flags that can differentiate a legitimate small press from a scam...and there are scams a plenty!

Several small presses I have dealt with were not "scams" per se, but rather "non-professional" or as an agent once told me, "less than dishonorable."

Small presses are more apt to offer a "poorer" contract than big houses (my personal thoughts), because they don't have the big budget to back up a more "author-friendly" contract. By poorer I mean only that the author is often required to sign over more rights, such as movie, foreign, etc.

Just my $.02, and take it with a grain of salt!

No comments:

Post a Comment